""[5], Robert Short of PopMatters gives the album 7 out of a possible 10 stars and says, "After road-testing the material in clubs and festivals, the band is finally ready to unveil their debut set of eleven originals. Thursday, April 1, 2010 – The SteelDrivers' lead singer Chris Stapleton has left the band, Rounder Records President Ken Irwin confirmed Thursday. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. If you, like me, prefer to buy albums in vinyl that you know will stand the test of time and be something you would want to listen to 20 or 30 years down the road, This is one to put in your collection. of 2015. Powerful vocals that do not take a back seat to the instruments, and playing that feels loose and not uptight, unless much of the bluegrass. Cinderella was my favorite band before I met these guys.” But that kind of angular perspective was more in tune with The Steeldrivers than he could have known, and his initiation into bluegrass infused a convert’s zeal into his performances.