Captures the angst of being different and attempting to fit in. The story of two lovers and their attempts to save their relationship... A husband-and-wife team play detective, but not in the traditional sen... An original mix of fiction and reality illuminates the life of comic b... "Miss World 1970: The launch of a revolution", "If it chooses you, nothing can save you. Multiple Formats, AC-3, Color, Dolby, Dubbed, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen, Lou Taylor Pucci, Tilda Swinton, Vincent D'Onofrio, Kelli Garner, Reviewed in the United States on May 10, 2017. If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. |, December 6, 2005 Lou Taylor Pucci is currently one of the most under rated actors out there. A hilarious comic portrait of a young woman's struggle for integrity, happiness and a Hollywood acting career. Perry transforms into an EST/FORUM-style high achiever before winding up a washed-up mess who stops looking for disguises and easy answers, finding a strange kind of happiness in the process. The kid is signed up in a debate workshop, but the thing isn't going well, because he has his mind in a pretty classmate and, of course, in his thumb, affecting all the rest of his classes. Looking for something to watch? Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. By following the lives of five Japanese individuals this documentary explores the problem of depression in Japan and how the marketing of anti-depressant drugs has changed the way the ... See full summary », Dissatisfied with life at home, a young girl travels through other residences in her suburban neighborhood. She does what all of us would like to do: experience the domestic stories being ... See full summary ». Please click the link below to receive your verification email. A darkly satiric story about life crumbling in the midst of a seemingly idyllic suburbia. Little brother Joel (Chase Offerle) is mostly oblivious to the family's dynamics, and thinks his troubled older brother is embarrassing. Sign up here. A little confusing. Music video director Mills has produced a cracking debut and on the strength of this should go on to greater things, not unlike the thumb sucking central character in this film. Shot not unlike Solondz 'Palindromes' or Gondry's 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' it is at times touching and funny. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. Rated R for drug/alcohol use and sexuality involving teens, language and a disturbing image, Joaquin Phoenix to collaborate with Mike Mills for first post-Joker role, Watch: Alicia Vikander in Mike Mills' Musical Short 'I Am Easy to Find'. First time director Mike Mills had Elliot Smith on board to do the soundtrack and after he committed suicide, the director shelved the project. Everyone tries to help. (2005). Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Scared Little Animals LLC, Critical Consensus: "The Break-Up" Gets Dumped, "Swordfish" Scribe to Tackle Diesel’s "Hitman", November 24, 2011 Did he ever really want to be a jock? There's no place like home -- for frights! He wants to stop, but when he does he finds his troubles are just beginning. Overall, I think there's something interesting going on here, but it's escaped me. So, Justin is a loner kid in the school, who prefers to lock himself in the bathroom and suck his thumb. |, October 8, 2005 Somewhere in the middle of all this churning angst, the heat and suspense of Debate Club enters the picture. Read the Thumbsucker movie synopsis, view the movie trailer, get cast and crew information, see movie photos, and more on Movies.com. MPAA Rating:R (for drug/ alcohol use and sexuality involving teens, language and a disturbing image), Starring:Lou Pucci, Tilda Swinton, Vince Vaughn, Vincent D'Onofrio, Keanu Reeves, Benjamin Bratt, Kelli Garner, Chase Offerle. and "Is this all there is?" It's also not just another teen-angst flick. It contains everything you would want, great acting, amazing sountrack,a "real" story, a message, so on and so on.If this movie only contained elliott smith's version of Big Star's "Thirteen" it would be worth seeing, but because it contains so much more, I feel that if you dont see this you will be robbing yourself of a very rewarding experience. The only person who's aware of Justin's problem is his father, manager in a store, but none of his advices seem to be working for Justin. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. My kind of people. Lou Taylor Pucci won Best Actor at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival for his role as 17-year-old thumbsucker Justin Cobb. Times Square, Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, What to Watch if You Miss the "Game of Thrones" Cast. and that's O.K. They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. Reviewed in the United States on May 17, 2014. Meet Justin Cobb (Lou Pucci), a teenager who still sucks his thumb. They yearn to … He wants to stop, but when he does he finds his troubles are just beginning. They yearn to be anything but their real selves with their real fears and doubts. This Is That Productions, Sign me up. ", "The Helen Reddy story and the song that inspired a revolution", 'The War With Grandpa' Interviews with Robert De Niro and Jane Seymour. [Full Review in Spanish], Sublimely honest insight into the complexities of life. they're not O.K. As a mother she knows that she doesn't have all the answers to Justin's troubles, and that she is sometimes too busy dealing with her own doubts to help him. Also see Lou Taylor Pucci in "The Answer Man" with Jeff Daniels. Justin throws himself and everyone around him into chaos when he attempts to break free from his addiction to his thumb. His alternately dominating and cripplingly insecure behavior is revealed as he attempts to live his life through his students. You're almost there! I am happy with my purchase, it arrived in good nick and didn't take long in the post. All actors involved with credible performances, particularly Keanu Reeves as the cigarette-smoking orthodontist and Kelli Garner as Justin's love interest whose ulterior motives are surprising and rather depressing: nerdy beauty-with-a-heart-of-gold she is not. Finding Your Roots With Henry Louis Gates Jr. J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs & The Church of the SubGenius, Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More. Copyright © Fandango. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I find this comment both insightful and perplexing. Link your DIRECTV account to Movies Anywhere to enjoy your digital collection in one place. But sometimes, meeting a mean girl who'd break your heart in a second can do that too.The casting is excellent - I hadn't checked the cast list before watching it, and was pleasantly surprised to find so many known and good actors in it. Regal Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. Justin Cobb, the narrator of Walter Kirn's wildly funny novel (an amazing Lou Pucci), needs a lot of help to quit a shameful habit... A very loose movie, which is even capable to provoke antipathy. Justin and his mother Audrey seem to be alike - they both have crushes: he, for a girl in his debating class, and she, for an actor on daytime TV. "Thumbsucker" doesn't suck, at all! SEE DETAILS. Unique movie with a great soundtrack! Director We work hard to protect your security and privacy. View production, box office, & company info. Is the film simply saying that yes, adolescence is difficult, but it eventually ends? Reviewed in the United States on November 6, 2013. I would give this two thumbs up! In the strange land known as suburbia, introverted adolescent Justin (Lou Pucci) spends the majority of his life pining after his attractive classmate Rebecca (Kelli Garner) and nervously sucking his thumb when he's alone. A subtle look at life through the eyes of the array of characters portrayed. 3 / 5 stars 71% 71%. Thumbsucker is the film that we nearly didn't get to see. Forgot your password? He is growing out of the lies and denials that got him from college to the present. We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future. Justin's heart belongs to another pretender, Rebecca (Kelli Garner) who masks her insecurities about sex and relationships behind a cool demeanor. All rights reserved. Thumbsucker is a 2005 American independent comedy-drama film written and directed by Mike Mills and starring Lou Taylor Pucci, Tilda Swinton, Vincent D'Onofrio, Kelli Garner, Benjamin Bratt, Vince Vaughn, and Keanu Reeves. Sold by ULTIMATE BEST OF BEST and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. " Justin begins to experiment with prescription drugs, pot and sex as alternate means to overcome his anxieties and become "normal," never realizing normal is just a state of mind. This is one of his first roles and it is played very well. He simply cannot stop sucking his thumb. The older I get (I'm 40) and the more I experience of life's highs and lows (more low than high lately), the more I gravitate to these type of quirky, offbeat, indie "dramedies". Justin is a teenager boy, who has an oral obsession with his thumb. Rack up 500 points and you'll score a $5 reward for more movies. Mike Mills shows himself to be a director of affability and poise, and this film is far more focused than his sprawling, depressive sophomore effort Beginners. Unable to add item to List. when you purchase 3 participating Suave products 9/1-10/31 at Walmart or Walmart.com. Thumbsucker 2005. His former football player father (Vincent D' Onofrio) is himself shadowed by his youth, while his mom (Tilda Swinton), like Justin, is struggling to find out who she is. What unfolds is a beautiful tale of inspiration and aspirations in the minds of humans of all ages from teachers to dentists, mothers to drug addicts. I simply have no idea what this film is about. | Rating: 3/5, October 31, 2010 The biggest scares coming your way in 2020, 2021 and 2022, Find safety procedures announced by your theater, Tyler Posey realizes he's on his own in an exclusive clip from 'Alone,' now on FandangoNOW, What to Watch on FandangoNOW: Smiths-Inspired ‘The More You Ignore Me,’ Horror Movie Collections and More, This Week in Family Movie News: ‘Thomas & Friends’ Coming Down the Track, First ‘Addams Family 2’ Teaser and More, Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993). It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. "Thumbsucker" shows that teenagers with a lot of parental love and support can also end up feeling alienated anyway. You don't need your thumb, and your thumb doesn't need you. Is that a false self that he has hidden in for all these years and doesn’t know how to evolve out of? His New Age orthodontist, Perry Lyman (Keanu Reeves), seems to mirror Justin's ups and downs. Thumbsucking was only a symptom of a deep-seated fear: that he and his father aren't good enough for his mother, and that she would leave them. Also, although being different trying to capture your dreams in spite of reservations of people in your life. Fandango helps you go back to the movies with confidence and peace of mind. Reviewed in the United States on October 19, 2013, this is not the usual movie. Coming Soon. | Rating: 3/4 My Own Private Idaho (The Criterion Collection). Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers.

Glossier Wiki, How Do I Sign Out Of Office 365 On All Devices, Ups Canada Careers, Saints Wallpaper 2019, Anz Business Credit Card, Gretel And Hansel Explained, 5th Duke Of Norfolk, Dark Sky Android, I Want To See My Google Account,