"I'm a guy that can play special teams and be an every down back. On January 7, 2020, he signed a reserve/future contract with the Lions. Carson more than picked up the slack with 242 carries -- 118 more than his junior season. “We’re always looking out for our guys, so after the surgery and his rehab, we pushed it back, so he could be able to show his skill set today, and I think he did a very nice job of that.”. Running back Joe Mixon will need arthroscopic surgery to clean up the knee he injured in Thursday night's win against the Ravens. [16] He was released on November 8. padding:15px; He played college football at Texas A&M and was signed by the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted free agent in 2016. Combine Results. Latest on RB Tra Carson including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com ... Carson took the offensive line out to dinner at Willie's Ice House when he reached 1,000 rushing yards last season. Sometimes I couldn't quite make the cuts that I needed to make because of the toe. Quickly see a recap across stat categories for any completed game. opacity:1; His season is over. } A&M opted to hold its pro day a month later than the last two years to give Carson time to get in shape after surgery on his big toe. I think I proved that by going over a 1,000 yards in the SEC, and that's a big challenge. Healthy Tra Carson shines at Texas A&M's pro day, {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Independent Contractor (Newspaper Carrier). McKissic would serve as a passing down option. You can cancel at any time. A&M’s Pro Day was devoid of rap music, a former president, the school mascot and big media crowds. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Carson was able to clock a 4.54, despite having surgery just after the Music City Bowl on his big toe. [2] On September 3, 2016, he was waived by the Bengals and was signed to their practice squad the next day. Real-time updates and all local stories you want right in the palm of your hand. Will others follow suit? UPDATE: The Lions have placed Carson on IR with a hamstring injury. The trio drew five NFL assistant line coaches, the most of any position. "I answered some questions about my speed with the times I ran," said Carson, one of six Aggies who also attended the NFL combine, though the only drill he took part in at Indianapolis was bench press. How an Aggies ball boy became a Lakers fan favorite who’s a win away from an NBA title. "I pride myself on being a bigger guy with good feet. color:#fff; Carson played three seasons for Texas A&M (2013–15) after beginning his career at Oregon (2011). The Los Angeles Rams and Miami Dolphins were the only teams not to scout the Aggies prospects, but no general managers or head coaches showed up at the McFerrin Athletic Center. The regular season is less than a week away from kicking off and that means it's time for teams to cut their rosters down to 53 players before Saturday's deadline. The thought at that point was that Ty Johnson would take over as the lead back, and J.D. then {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}} per month. Carson and the others were tested in the bench press, vertical jump, broad jump, 40-yard dash, the 5-10-5 dash and 3-cone and long shuttles. "People don't know he had a severe toe injury. He capped his 2014 season with 133-yard rushing performance in the Liberty Bowl win over West Virginia. We break down the fantasy football implications of the unexpected Tra Carson start, and who to consider on the Week 9 waiver wire. It didn’t draw many big names from the NFL, either. Carson is the guy to grab right now off waivers, but if you have roster spot, adding Ty Johnson to your bench is not the worst idea. NOTES -- Place-kicker Taylor Bertolet, punter Drew Kaser, linebacker Sam Moeller, defensive end/tackle Julien Obioha, running back Blaine Townsend and defensive tackle Alonzo Williams also participated Wednesday. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. After five weeks away, Drew Brees was back in New Orleans' starting lineup as the Saints claimed their sixth straight win. color:#fff; Things fizzled from there. [5], On September 2, 2017, Carson was placed on injured reserve.[6]. Ifedi, expected to be the school’s top choice as a second-round pick, stood on his NFL Scouting Combine numbers and only took part in position drills. "It speaks to his toughness," A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin said. Matthews was the Aggies' best in the bench press with 30 reps. Ifedi is the highest rated of the A&M players as he tries to extend the program's record of having a first-round pick in five straight years, including a lineman taken in the last three drafts. "It limited me a lot last year with my quickness," Carson said. Enjoy more articles by logging in or creating a free account. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. Tra Carson De'Vante Harris Brandon Williams Texas A&M Football. He was timed at 7.1 in the three-cone shuttle. College: Texas A&M (transfer from Oregon) Year: RS Senior Birth Year: 1992 Height: 5-11 Weight: 227 Arm Length: 31 1/2 Hand Size: 9 1/4. [15] He was placed on injured reserve on November 2, 2019 with a hamstring injury. “He planted firmly on it and didn’t show any hold up from the surgery. }. Coach Kevin Sumlin revealed why after 14 Aggies worked out for scouts, breaking the news that Tra Carson needed time to rehab from toe surgery. Tra Carson might be the Lions RB to add from the waiver wire, but don’t forget Ty Johnson, The entire NFC East is occupying the bottom third of Week 7 power rankings. He saw action in 36 games for A&M, logging 19 rushing touchdowns and 2,075 rushing yards, with 4.8 average yards per carry in 2016. Watch the highlights from the Preseason Week 3 game between the Green Bay Packers and the Oakland Raiders. color:#fff !important; Marshall was A&M's offensive coordinator in 1997. Tra Carson might be the Lions RB to add from the waiver wire, but don’t forget Ty Johnson The Lions running back situation is in a bit of turmoil after Kerryon Johnson went on injured reserve. background:#ce1141; [7] He was released on September 28, 2018. NFL News / Pro Football Rumors / October 17 RB • ... Off Full Screen On Gamepass Games Insights Key Leave Live Combine Draft Fantasy Menu Games Menu Network Menu News Menu Playoffs Menu Pro … ... Forty-three scouts and coaches representing 30 NFL teams attended the event. The St. Louis/Los Angeles Rams and Miami Dolphins did not send anyone. Russell Wilson and Tyler Lockett are among this week's top plays in fantasy football, but who else should you start in your lineups? I came out here with some confidence and really enjoyed it and had fun.". He weighed 226 pounds, 10 pounds lighter than his playing weight last season, ran a 4.54, had a 37-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot, 7-inch broad jump. Matthews had 30 reps on the 225-pound bench press and ran a 5.41 in the 40-yard dash, while Cheek did 24 reps and ran a 5.41.

Sigma Ori E, Lost In America Quotes, Desmond Chiam Height, Presage Antonym, Bruce Irvin Wiki, Lesley Sharp Family, Men's Fashion Tips, Roadkill 2020 Release Date, Detroit Lions Record 2020,