Try the search below. A NOTE ABOUT RELEVANT ADVERTISING: We collect information about the content (including ads) you use across this site and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and other sites. “But looking back on it now, I am probably glad in a way that it happened. The NSW and Kangaroos forward was released from the final two years of his contract with the Panthers in November due to … It's a selfless mindset the skilful Shellharbour product admits he didn't always have. To the Port Adelaide family, You have been magnificent. I was still being coached by [former teammates] Dean Young and Benny Hornby. “The move come about a bit sooner than I expected, but rugby league is a tricky game,” he said. "A lot came into it. I've done that the last few years, I've gone away and learned a lot.". Trent Merrin during his stint at Penrith in 2018. Merrin, who left his junior club to join Penrith in 2016, is grateful to be back after a tough personal period. Trent Merrin insists he has nothing to prove in his return for the Dragons but the veteran forward believes he can recapture his best form. Biography: Veteran forward Merrin returned to the St George Illawarra Dragons ahead of the 2020 Telstra Premiership season. It feels like I'm debuting again. I never for one moment, Power chairman has thanked the “Port Adelaide family” of fans for their unwavering support, Rockliff: The midfield must own the final quarter fadeout and get better, Jesse Hogan’s time at Fremantle is up with the club reportedly reaching out to rivals, We look at all Power players, their contracts and where they sit, The 2020 AFL season hasn’t even finished, but Crows players are already training. "I've been on a rollercoaster for the past few years but I feel like I've finally found my feet back home," he said. Junior Club: Shellharbour Sharks. 3 talking about this. Merrin says his passion for St George Illawarra never waned and he always hoped to return to the joint-venture outfit. NRL. "I'll definitely be doing everything I can to produce some of my best footy.". “It can be a bit crazy back home,” Merrin said. At a time where the behaviour of NRL players has been given more scrutiny and publicity than ever, Merrin said being away from intense spotlight of rugby league in Sydney is something he is looking forward to. SIGN UP NOW! How ‘shredded’ Cowboys star got back on track. 7,321 likes. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Trent Merrin. Barrett and Weyman both enjoyed Super League spells at Wigan and Hull KR and advised him it was the perfect place to rejuvenate his career. Trent Merrin admits he was shocked at being pushed out of the door at Penrith and vowed to show NRL clubs what they are missing with Leeds in the Super League. It looks like nothing was found at this location. "It's team-first now. “It was a scary move for me but once we arrived I have made sure that it is all business.”. Having begun pre-season training three weeks late, Merrin's main focus is on working hard and enjoying the little things. The Dragons have taken a big punt on me, taking me back home and doing the right thing by me. Every game of every round of the NRL Telstra Premiership LIVE with no ad-breaks during play. TIPS.COM.AU: Over $2 million in prizes to be won St George Illawarra’s Trent Merrin has opened up on his shock decision to disappear to the English Super League for a year, conceding his former life at Penrith had turned “toxic”. Gold Coast stand by Keegan Hipgrave following nine-month concussion ordeal. Sat 7 Dec 2019, 08:26 AM Trent Merrin insists he has nothing to prove in his return for the Dragons but the veteran forward believes he can recapture his best form. "The main objective was to test myself now, bring my family back home, be happy. The NSW and Kangaroos forward was released from the final two years of his contract with the Panthers in November due to salary cap pressures. Coming here, getting away from what I have known for my whole life. ", Lacey concedes changes needed at winless Dragons, Warriors thump Dragons to end campaign on a high, Cross-code talent will leave door open for NRLW return: Murphy, You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content. The 29-year-old got off to a losing start with his new club on Saturday when the Rhinos went down 26-6 to Warrington — who are coached by his former St George Illawarra boss Steve Price — in the season opener. While he has no regrets, Merrin only departed the club in the first place because he thought it was necessary to develop as a footballer and a person. He was forced to swap a summer pre-season in Sydney for a freezing cold one in the Yorkshire winter after no NRL club showed any interest in signing a player who was a Blues regular between 2011 and 2015 and part of Mal Meninga’s Kangaroos squad less than two years ago. "I think I was always looked upon as the junior around those blokes. 2 talking about this. Trent Merrin was shocked to be pushed out of Penrith and has vowed to show the club what they’re missing at Leeds. Merrin has signed a two-year deal and will remain at the club until at least the end of 2021. “There is plenty of footy left in me at the age and the stage of my career that I am at and I am desperate to prove I can still play at a high level. "It wasn't about going to a different club, it was a growth period. Official Facebook Page of Trent Merrin. “I had no idea how big the club is,” Merrin told AAP. Having played for Super League strugglers Leeds Rhinos last season, some have questioned the value of signing the 30-year-old on a two-year deal. It’s a big test to try and make the uncomfortable comfortable. I really needed to go away and spread my own wings and learn a lot about myself. "But the circle of life now, coming back here at a decent age, it's about putting the team first and putting the club back where it deserves to be [after finishing 15th in 2019]. Merrin consulted Trent Barrett and former St George Illawarra teammate Michael Weyman before joining former Canberra coach David Furner at Headingley. "My partner and I are starting a family now and I think that's the chapter we're looking forward to. In 2008, Merrin played for St. George Illawarra under-20s team in the Toyota Cup, scoring two tries for the season. “Things happen for a reason. "I've done everything in the game, I know what it takes to be the best and to work really hard to put myself in good positions," Merrin said. Find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. "It's hard to just look within yourself and make a decision based on your own feelings. Official Facebook Page of Trent Merrin. NRL. "It gives me some goosebumps. He was selected as St. George's Toyota Cup Player of the Year in 2008. “I am really excited about the journey ahead.”. This is also known as Online Behavioural Advertising. But the premiership-winning former NSW and Australian lock, who has played 205 NRL games, isn't bothered by any negative opinions as he sets about repaying St George Illawarra's faith. I was still a young pup. “Every NRL team’s roster and cap had been sealed up so it was complete shock to the system. At that time I felt like I needed to break away and grow for myself. Official Facebook Page of Trent Merrin. Trent Merrin on ‘toxic’ Penrith Panthers exit. "When you're at that age, you're surrounded by people. Everyone wants to put their input in and say their two pieces," Merrin said. Moment I knew Adam Reynolds was destined to captain South Sydney. “Being over here it does give you a chance to breathe, get away from hype and the media scrutiny and the enjoy the simple things. “I heard great things about it, but just coming into the place and seeing how passionate the fans and the players are it’s something special.”. Penrith Panthers. Older and wiser, and boasting more leadership experience after captaining Leeds, Merrin is keen to mentor some emerging players. Find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. Back in the day it was always trying to make a name for myself and put myself forward," Merrin said. "You'll probably get the best out of me the next few years. Despite that defeat Merrin said he and his partner Jessica are relishing the opportunity to get out of their comfort zone and have been taken aback at the size and expectation of Leeds Rhinos. "When you're in a happy place and you're very professional as an athlete - you put those two together and you can make some pretty special things happen.". NRL.

Adele 21 Vinyl Review, Mark Billingham Sas, Annelids Android, Johnathan Joseph Retire, Joe Daniher Trade, Bramall Lane Stadium Expansion, Housing Development Finance Corporation Subsidiaries, One Punch Laws Nsw,