They just wanted to defend and play on the counter-attack and in that position, we have to be more calm. Record number of goals scored. Leading 1-0 on the back of Harvey Barnes’ 23rd-minute tap-in and after losing midfielder Nampalys Mendy to a knee injury just after the half-hour, Vardy’s hoofed clearance resulted in him pulling up and clutching the top of his left thigh. Vardy effectively retired from international duty in August 2018 to focus on club football with Leicester but England manager Gareth Southgate said in November he was prepared to consider recalling him to the squad leading up to Euro 2020. You need to be logged in to post a comment. Hopefully, those three [including Vardy] will be OK. He plays with great maturity.’, MORE: Ousmane Dembele keen on Manchester United transfer after Paul Pogba talks, MORE: Mikel Arteta issues promise to Arsenal fans over Houssem Aouar transfer. A boogey man for sure! Leicester City's Jamie Vardy (Photo by NIGEL FRENCH/POOL/AFP via Getty Images), Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy (Photo by NIGEL FRENCH/POOL/AFP via Getty Images). This week I brought him in with my wildcard only to have him play for 45 mins... never again, my Son, never again will I have you in my team! He really doesn't look like doing much right now apart from penalties. Hes looking very good tbh.Looked more attacking yesterday than taa. Shaw + Son -> Robbo + Mahrez (-8). Vardy missed Friday night's shock defeat at Norwich City with a calf injury, a recurrence of a problem that caused him to miss two matches over the course of the festive fixture programme. Start your Independent Premium subscription today. Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti has backed Dominic Calvert-Lewin, while 18-year-old Manchester United star Mason Greenwood has been described as a "natural finisher.". Crouch is going to get a call up. Vardy at least watched the second half from the bench, with Rodgers delivering a positive prognosis. For David Moyes, there were no complaints as his team were distinctly second best throughout, with only goal difference separating the Hammers from a place in the bottom three. Over 500,000 Fantasy managers captained Vardy for this fixture, although that figure will no doubt be skewed by some early-season “ghost teams”. Watched Ings play at Leicester last week and he was head and shoulders the best striker to grace the KP this season (Excluding JV). As the Champions League returns on Tuesday, BBC Sport's European football writers make their predictions. The existing Open Comments threads will continue to exist for those who do not subscribe to Independent Premium. A home match against West Ham is up next for the Foxes and, as strange as it sounds, this might be the toughest test for Vardy, Barnes et al to date: so far Leicester have faced the division’s worst defence in West Brom, a Burnley team missing both first-choice centre-halves and then a Manchester City outfit that played into their hands on Sunday. West Ham United were the team who had to suffer a Leicester City resurgence on Wednesday. Brendan Rodgers says Leicester striker Jamie Vardy's injury is not as serious as first feared and is "hopeful" he will be fit for the second leg of the Carabao Cup semi-final against Aston Villa. Both player and manager confirmed that the issue was Vardy’s hip, rather than his groin as originally reported, that was causing him discomfort but Rodgers revealed that it was an ongoing issue and something that hasn’t stopped him from playing in the past: ️ Brendan Rodgers: "Vards I think will be fine, he's just got this hip issue which has been ongoing. Although the Foxes’ leading goalscorer attempted to carry on after treatment, the 33-year-old soon crumpled back to the ground and was replaced by Kelechi Iheanacho. This is the podcast that will change that, Arsenal provide injury updates on Tierney, Martinelli and Sokratis ahead of Leicester tie, Is Leicester vs Arsenal on TV? Of course, when you have a player of his quality, he is always going to be a miss, so it’s particularly important to have players who can come into a game and you don’t change so much of your rhythm. When I get him then it's a series of blanks in easy games where he's playing DM for some reason. Bit of a coin toss though, assuming Maddison starts from now on. "Hopefully over the next couple of days it will ease off," Rodgers said. Having said that, I have a plan to get him in gw 6 by saving the transfer next week, Hey fam! It takes a couple of days to settle down, but he’s fine. : Calvert-Lewin's chances of a call-up for the Euros are looking pretty good at the moment. Vardy injury . Dan: Calvert-Lewin's chances of a call-up for the Euros are looking pretty good at the moment. Rodgers was also optimistic about two other Leicester players who were withdrawn because of injury issues. There's always another transfer to be made and vardy keeps on scoring... Auba's a great player... for my mini-league managers, Jimenez, he always looks far from points and a haul anyway but manages to tick over when I don't have him. Vardy has contributed to 34% of Leicester's league goals this season and has started all but two of their 24 matches. Started well, a lot of flattery to deceive. There’s going to be a period of adaptation for him. "Say hello to Miguel Sanchez! The former Liverpool boss confirmed on Friday that Vardy will indeed be fit to play, as will Jonny Evans, but Dennis Praet remains a doubt due to a knee complaint. Fruitless attacking, strange substitutions, a lack of game management and perplexed seeming players was the order of the game for Brendan Rodgers‘ men, especially after the initial 30 minutes or so of satisfactory and dangerous appearing play. Vardy missed Friday night's shock defeat at Norwich City with a calf injury, a recurrence of a problem that caused him to miss two matches over the course of the festive fixture programme. Thankfully the recovery period isn’t too long. Vardy, the current top scorer in the Premier League with 17 goals, was substituted before half-time in Wednesday's 4-1 win over West Ham. Search all headlines (in All languages) FPL Gameweek 5 team news: injury updates on De Bruyne, Chilwell, Vardy and more Fantasy Football Scout 18:19 16-Oct-20.

Valentine's Day Lyrics Bowie, Burnley Fc New Away Kit 2020/21, What Is Jussie Smollett Doing Now, Anthony Seibold Pay, Who Wrote Castles In The Air, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Quotes, Ptolemy Pdf, Words To Describe The Paper Bag Princess, Sidewinder Fries Cutter,