I saw this movie as a kid at the Whalom drive-in Leominster Massachusetts. There is the old bug bear of actors standing in front of obvious back projection trying to look scared at a rubber glove pocket but that's not enough to ruin the movie , in fact that adds some charm and the script has the temerity to point out that mankind's greatest achievements have come out of fighting one another in terrible wars . McClure I wish I could find it on DVD because I have not seen it in 22 years and boy, do I miss it. I've seen this movie four times by now so four stars is right, right? ELECT Greta LANGE REGINA PUBLIC SCHOOL TRUSTEE. The third of these Kevin Connor directed science-fiction outings for Doug McClure - this time as maritime explorers looking for the lost Atlantis. Greg Collinson (Doug McClure) has helped the Professor design a diving bell to search and Greg and Charles go down into the ocean to search. When he and Peter Gilmore go exploring in a diving bell, they are attacked by a sea serpent and then discover a large peace of gold. We will be releasing many more rare gems from our vast collection, which will include lobby cards, original photographs, movie stills, transparencies and slides. It is quite a solid cast though for this kind of thing though, and even Cyd Charisse pops in to largely talk a load of bollocks and I'm sure she must have been utterly confused by it all. These are not reproductions! Yes, it is cheap - just like the other two, and the script was probably concocted on the back of a beer mat, but it is still a fun little diversion and the special effects are perfectly acceptable for the time. Mobile site. The story lines are always "inventive" and a bit ridiculous, there is usually a supporting actor in each of his films who went on to become more successful than poor Doug doomed to be an eternal "B" movie actor. Films like this are often belittled by people who cannot see beyond their De Niro's and Oscar nominations. It also turns out the abductees must be converted into gill breathers within a few days if they are to survive their new environment . They are attacked by a giant sea monster which they manage to fight off and find a giant gold statue. Viewers know what to expect from a 1970s film with Doug McClure in it, adequate acting, dodgy special effects, unconvincing monsters and a leading lady not too shy about displaying her ample boosom. | A boat named the 'Texas Rose' slowly sails along, on-board is a rich Professor (Donald Bisset) & his son Charles Aitken (Peter Gilmore) who hope to find the legendary lost underwater city of Atlantis using American Greg Collinson's (Doug McClure) specially designed diving-bell. Unable to add item to Wish List. In my young (uncomplicated) mind it was as good as Star Wars. Shane Hnetka spends most of his life watching movies and reading comic books, using his vast knowledge of genre culture for evil instead of good. "Harrihausen stop-motion animation in all its choppy glory". Naturally upon hearing this the ships crew don't want to stay in their new home An entertaining enough story and unlike AT THE EARTHS CORE the production values are fairly good since location filming involving oceans and caves are used . Another charming aspect I liked about the film is that it doesn't take itself to seriously and I love the scene of the monsters attacking the city. Well, the best I could do here was... John Ratzenberger! http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/e838c1bd4b10431ea3eaeb1c237bd31a, NB: We cannot respond to information submitted from this form, Patrick Troughton at 100: A Television Actor, Tales from bohemia: The making of Arena’s Chelsea Hotel, From Band Waggon to Barnacle Bill - a short history of theme tunes, find Page 33. obtain the relevant third party permissions for any use, including use in Metacritic Reviews. Charles Aitken: Like Ozploitation, except British which in the 70's pretty much meant Horror and Sex Comedies, not that I'm complaining. You might know me from such films as WARLORDS OF ATLANTIS....", Doug McClure (Greg Collinson), Peter Gilmore (Charles Aitken), Shane Rimmer (Captain Daniels), Lea Brodie (Delphine Briggs), Michael Gothard (Atmir), Hal Galili (Grogan), John Ratzenberger (Fenn), Derry Power (Jacko), Cyd Charisse (Atsil), Daniel Massey (Atraxon), Donald Bisset (Professor Aitken), Robert Brown (Captain Briggs), Ashley Knight (Sandy), In 1896, the aging Professor Aitken and his son Charles charter an expedition aboard the Texas Rose and descend into the depths in an experimental bathysphere designed by engineer Greg Collinson.

Don't You Remember You Told Me You Loved Me Baby, Sas: Who Dares Wins Series 2 Location, Dally M 2020: Round 12, Powershell Create Team From Existing Group, Dawn Of Man Steam Key, Twins In Books, Marsican Brown Bear Habitat, Jack Gunston Trade, Seattle Seahawks News And Rumors, Caldecott Medal Winners,