Enter your email address and we'll send you a link to reset your password. The mother superior does not trust her, and takes steps to limit her influence on the other nuns. ₹ 399 per year. For the first few minutes, I knew I was going to love this movie. I adore Whoopi Goldberg, and have watched almost every movie she has been in. Before hardly anyone would come. Watch the full movie online. FINE PRINT & DISCLAIMER: Flicks's official rating: Pretty good, but not perfect. She trains very unmusical choir to a very musical one and lots of people are attracted to the music and come. I'll not have that. Reviewed in the United States on April 24, 2008. Full movie is streaming online … The actress, Whoopi Goldberg is in witness protection, so she was hidden in a convent. Reviewed in the United States on November 22, 2013. - NO Sister Act is playing only on Hotstar, iTunes, YouTube Movies. (NOMINATED), BEST BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE There she eventually, became a endeared choir directer, who taught the nuns to sing with rhythm and soul. To post ratings/reviews we need a username. Deloris gets scared immediately, runs away from Vince's (Harvey Keitel) buddies who are told to "take care of it", meaning kill Deloris. A must have.. But shortly later on, Vince finds out of where Deloris is, because of some nosy detective, and the terror picks up where it left off. Sister Act is a 1992 American comedy film directed by Emile Ardolino and written by Joseph Howard. Watch the full length movie of Sister Act online or on the Fios Mobile app. The mother superior does not trust her, and takes steps to limit her influence on the other nuns. The movie has it all, including laugh-out-loud fun. Music. Don't try to make logical sense of any aspects of the plot/story arc/character development etc. This is one of the most comical movies I have seen in my 72 years. Crime Eventually the singer rescues the failing choir and begins helping with community projects, which gets her an interview on TV. The lieutenant who put her in hiding now has to tell her that she has to leave because Vince knows of where she's at. This old Whoopie Goldberg film is as good as it was when it first hit the big screen. Whoopi Goldberg stars as a sassy, low-rent lounge singer forced to hide out from the mob in the last place on earth anyone would look for her -- a convent. (NOMINATED), BEST CASTING FOR FEATURE FILM, COMEDY By signing up, you agree to our terms & conditions and privacy policy. May contain spoilers but this movie is FAB.U.LOUS!!! Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2017. She gets picked up by Vince's buddies and gets taken to a lounge and Vince is telling the boys to kill her. Her acting performance in this movie and Sister Act 2 is a sensation. The musical numbers really make SISTER ACT.And Goldberg shines as the rebellious nun whose iconoclastic attitude affects not just the choir, but every When a worldly singer witnesses a mob crime, the police hide her as a nun in a traditional convent where she has trouble fitting in. Actor: Whoopi Goldberg, Maggie Smith, Kathy Najimy. Whoopi Goldberg is a Reno singer who - after witnessing a mob murder - is stashed in protective custody in a San Francisco nunnery Find where to watch Sister Act in New Zealand. Where to Watch Sister Act? Just log on to your Verizon account and watch the latest shows online. The music is great Motown. Select the department you want to search in. It is perhaps the best Whoopi Goldberg movie along with "Sister Act II". , Hilarious and entertaining throughout. .. Premium ₹ 299 , Premium ₹ 1499 / year Download Now Watch Now. Eventually the singer rescues the failing choir and begins helping with community projects, which gets her an interview on TV. Read Less. Is Sister Act streaming on ErosNow or Amazon Prime or Netflix or Jio Cinema or Hungama Play or Voot or SonyLIV or BigFlix or Google Play or Spuul or YuppTV or Viu or Viki or ALT Balaji or Airtel Xstream or Vodafone Play or Zee 5 or HoiChoi or MxPlayer or Shemaroo or meWATCH or Starhub or Tata Sky or TubiTV or Quibitv or TVF or Voot Kids or AppleTv+ or Docubay or ZeePlex? What a delight this film is! I first saw this movie back when my grandmother bought it on VHS in '92. Is Sister Act playing on Hotstar, iTunes, YouTube Movies? It spawned a 1993 sequel, entitled Back in the Habit, and a musical adaptation that premiered at the Pasadena Playhouse in Pasadena, California in 2006, and opened at the West End's London Palladium with previews from May 7, 2009. Distribution rights for the motion picture were acquired by Buena Vista Pictures Distribution. Sister Act Whoopi Goldberg stars as a sassy, low-rent lounge singer forced to hide from the mob in the last place anyone would ever look for her — a convent. I will not give away the rest of the story only to say I watch it again and again and took a few moments off to write the review:) This review is for the DVD and I imagine the instant video is the same. Sister Act was made on a budget of $31 million and it was a super hit at box office gross of $231 million. The mother superior does not trust her, and takes steps to limit her influence on the other nuns. If you first watched it then, it is probably a timeless classic. She is put in a place where Vince wouldn't even think she's at: a convent. One of my personal favourites, along with the second one. The film has a running time of 100 minutes. Also in the cast are Maggie Smith, Kathy Najimy, Wendy Makkena, Mary Wickes, and Harvey Keitel. Watch the full length movie of Sister Act online or on the Fios Mobile app. Filled with interesting scenes as well as great 60s soul music, this movie deserves to be in your personal library. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. The Film was successful at box office. Be sure to get the soundtrack album as well. Watch Sister Act (1992) : Full Movie Online Free A Reno singer witnesses a mob murder and the cops stash her in a nunnery to protect her from the mob's hitmen. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The upbeat message of this film is best expressed by Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore: God respects me when I work but He loves me when I sing! Prompt delivery. It was released on 29th May 1992. She's wonderful, as always. The Film was successful at box office. This is! Sweet, funny and the characters and music are great. A one-note movie. Highly recommended! I highly recommend for a good laugh. Sign up for FLICKS weekly updates - what's new & awesome in cinemas. There aren't any user reviews for this movie yet. Just log on to your Verizon account and watch the latest shows online. Disclaimer: Komparify Entertainment has sourced these materials from various internet legal streaming sites such as Hotstar,Prime, Netflix, Hotstar, iTunes, YouTube Movies etc. When asked what convent she came from she says, "the Sisters of the Moonlight". Reviewed in the United States on September 6, 2018. I look like a penguin! Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links on this page. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. (NOMINATED), BEST MOTION PICTURE - COMEDY OR MUSICAL We have watched this movie over-and-over since it was released, and each time we watch it, we enjoy it just as much as the very first time. Your favorites, all in one place. Sister Act is a 1992 English-language Comedy Crime film written by Paul Rudnick and directed by Emile Ardolino and produced by Scott Rudin and Teri Schwartz under the banner of Perkins Street Productions in collaboration with NBC Studios. 1992 100 min TV14 Comedy, Musical Feature Film. Even the religious theme wasn't offensive. It is so full of funny one liners and how Whoopie Goldberg changes convent life. She walks in and sees him killing a previous employer who went to report him to the police. Sister Act Whoopi Goldberg Maggie Smith Kathy Najimy (1992) A Reno lounge singer (Whoopi Goldberg) on the run plays nun and shows a San Francisco convent's chorus how to rock. Disney + Pixar + Marvel + Star Wars + Nat Geo, Get unlimited access to the largest streaming library with limited ads, Stream on up to 4 devices at the same time. While she's there, her irreverent behavior attracts a flock of faithful followers and turns the nuns' tone-deaf choir into a … The mother superior calls her away. In addition, we enjoyed the happy ending, and the music is fantastic. The musical then opened on Broadway at the Broadway Theatre in April 2011, with previews beginning March 24, 2011. Very lively, funny, and amazing story. Let me say this is a 90's comedy through and through. Sister Act. We have watched this movie over-and-over since it was released, and each time we watch it, we enjoy it just as much as the very first time. Then the priest comes in to her office saying he has never enjoyed Mass so much in his life. Wish I'd done it years ago! In this sequel, Las Vegas performer Deloris Van Cartier (Whoopi Goldberg) is surprised by a visit from her nun friends, including Sister Mary Patrick (Kathy Najimy) and Sister Mary Lazarus (Mary Wickes). Family Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The movie is sort of low key and contemplative and a little too thoughtful. Watch Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit starring Whoopi Goldberg in this Music on DIRECTV.

The Dresser Netflix, How Big Do Chameleons Get, International Shipping Meaning, Jordan Mcrae Stats, Byd Cupertino,