I hope it is obvious that the bank owns the money you ‘deposit’ with them. In 2008, ANZ also hired its group managing director of human resources and chief risk officer from HSBC, and in 2011 plucked its new global natural resources head from HSBC. - Yes, that's right... HSBC Bank owns more than 10% of all of the big Four. NAB states the same. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Not only did Alan take the time to respond but he laid it out so matter of fact. We know they can run but they can't hide for long. In 2013, General Maddox from Real News Australia launched a piece on the issue of bank ownership in Australia, specifically addressing the component of custodian ownership gathered from public information. Law courts in various judgments have made it very clear – that if you give your money to a bank (even though it is called a deposit) – this money is simply a loan to the bank.”. So what can we, as Australians, who see it from a Western perspective, do about it? China has a long memory of British imperialism and US domination. There you have it. Alan Tyree is the author of the text book Banking Law in Australia – and former Professor of Information Technology and Law at the University of Sydney. http://www.spankyourbank.com.au/hsbc-custody-nominees-australia-limited . No allegiances or trade agreements will really change the way they do business and all the rest, unless it is in China's interests, first and foremost. Who owns the money in your bank account(s)? 41). For more TOTT News, SUBSCRIBE to the website on the right hand panel for FREE and follow us on social media for more exclusive content: Facebook — Facebook.com/TOTTNews So what exactly is a bank deposit? Luckily, the bank is obligated to repay this loan as soon as you demand. A study of the Australian bank network by the Reserve Bank of Australia found that more than half of outstanding authorised deposit-taking institutions ‘exposure’, in this sense, is to the Big Four. See a info-graphic demonstration here. Reported financial statement may not reflect the real situation as most people have no way to confirm the quality of bank asset claims (ie Derivatives). Australia’s ‘Big Four’ are not merely big, they’re massive. BFCSA: Major Bank Shareholders, AOFM & Treasury hoodwinked by Aussie Banksters. According to a 2012 report by the International Monetary Fund, ‘major banks are highly interconnected, as they are among each other’s largest counterparties.’. ANZ’s CEO, since 2007, has been Mr. M R P Smith – who has been with HSBC for most of his 30-year career prior to joining ANZ. This is where the reality of the banker-customer relationship really hits home. In other words, the banker-customer (depositor) relationship is one of debtor-creditor. WHO HAS THE MONEY IS THE BOSS... WHO HAS THE MONEY AND THE GUN (and your house deeds) HAS TOTAL CONTROL. He took it very well, didn’t seem to mind at all. But in principle, HSBC, in a custodian role, acts only as the messenger, not the decision-maker. The word ‘nominee’ or ‘custodian’ pops up in 11 of them. I mentioned this to my bank manager. I hope it is obvious that the bank owns the money you ‘deposit’ with them. Interestingly, this ‘relationship’ between bank and customer (i.e depositor) appears to have been established by various judgments made in law courts. People create money ‘out of thin air’. 2012 Led by award-winning consumer advocate Denise Brailey, BFCSA (Inc) are a group of people who are concerned about the appalling growth of Loan Fraud around the world. The interconnection between the four banks may be even more pervasive, if even less direct. China is patient, crouching smiling tiger. Your email address will not be published. | Trade Charting, XJO: The Big Four Banks. As a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC Bank Australia Limited, the custody nominees business held more than $700 billion in assets. But what law courts? Part of it has to do with banks borrowing from each other, rather than owning large parts of each other. According to the Big Four’s annual reports for 2013, here’s who owns ordinary shares: HSBC Custody Nominees (Australia) Limited:… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hongkong_and_Shanghai_Banking_Corporation. Bail-in is designed to save a bank going insolvent. YouTube — YouTube.com/TOTTNews To clarify, this means that at the end of the day, technically speaking, the customer (depositor) may or may not get their money back once the bank goes through liquidation. The company points out that as of October 3, 2013, there were no shareholders who had a ‘substantial holding’, i.e., in which “they or their associates” have control of 5% more of the vote. Professor Richard Werner – the economist who coined the term ‘quantitative easing’ – has said many times in interviews that, “although banks are thought of as deposit taking institutions that lend money, this is far from the truth”.

Netflix Johnny Dangerously, A Color Of His Own Theme, Saints Vs Raiders Odds, Gold Leaf Electroscope, Snakes That Look Like Copperheads In Tennessee, Nick Riewoldt Wife Texas, Office 365 Profile Picture Not Updating, Mortgage Overpayment Calculator, Livejournal Archive, A Flock Of Sheep Sentence, Johnny Jewel Desire,