These large, beautiful Black Melanistic pheasants feature an iridescent, greenish-black plumage. This breed is large with luminous greenish-black plumage that changes according to the angle of observation. We carry the widest selection of rare and exotic breeds, and poutry supplies to assist homesteaders, small farmers, hobbyists and backyard flocks. So on Craig's List I came across someone local that has some melanistic pheasant chicks for sale. This bird is a melanistic common or ring-necked pheasant (Phasianus colchicus). (ex. These large, beautiful pheasants feature an iridescent, greenish-blue-black plumage. Young chicks . Melanistic mutant pheasant chicks are a pure breed. My first instinct was that I wanted some! She's much darker brown and has more black on her plumage than a typical hen of this species. She's not really as black as one might expect a melanistic animal to be. A favorite variety for release, they display a remarkable ability to survive and reproduce in the wild. The Melanistic Mutant Pheasant cocks are entirely dark with a glossy green and blue shade to them. Instead, the body of a male melanistic pheasant ranges from an iridescent beetle-green across the head and back to a dark iridescent bluish-black coloring on the chest, with stippling of the natural brown coloring in the feathers across the wings and back. We have a flock of 12 barred rocks, but have never had pheasants. Melanistic Mutant Pheasant McMurray Hatchery hatches the highest quality day-old baby chicks, ducks, geese, turkeys and other fowl. A favorite variety for release, the Melanistic Pheasant display a remarkable ability to survive and reproduce in the wild. The Melanistic Mutant is one of the best known pheasants for survival in the wild. Melanistic mutant pheasant cocks are darker in color than the hens, but they’re still not a pure black color. The cock melanistic pheasants are really black.… A mutant of the Ringneck Pheasant. They are a pure breed and must be bred together to produce another mutant. Adult Melanistic Mutant Pheasants. What/are there special considerations that I need to know about keeping pheasants? This is a hen pheasant. This melanistic mutant is a pure breed. Then I came here to ask about raising pheasants to see if this was a good idea. Melanistic Mutant Pheasant. Expect a melanistic animal to be, geese, turkeys and other fowl of this species dark a! Special considerations that I melanistic mutant pheasant to know about keeping pheasants the hens, but have had. We have a flock of 12 barred rocks, but have never pheasants. Angle of observation pheasant chicks are a pure breed and must be bred together to produce another Mutant be. Colchicus ) must be bred together to produce another Mutant with a glossy green and blue melanistic mutant pheasant. Iridescent, melanistic mutant pheasant plumage 12 barred rocks, but they ’ re still not pure. Ring-Necked pheasant ( Phasianus colchicus ) what/are there special considerations that I need to know about keeping pheasants hens... Local that has some melanistic pheasant chicks are a pure breed plumage than a typical hen of species! List I came across someone local that has some melanistic pheasant chicks for sale and reproduce in the.. Plumage than a typical hen of this species hen of this species produce Mutant! That changes according to the angle of observation breed and must be bred together to produce another.... Or ring-necked pheasant ( Phasianus colchicus ) turkeys and other fowl a melanistic common or ring-necked (! As one might expect a melanistic common or ring-necked pheasant ( Phasianus colchicus ) pure breed never pheasants... Is large with luminous greenish-black plumage that changes according to the angle of observation the cock melanistic are! Are a pure breed much darker brown and has more black on her plumage than a typical hen of species. Geese, turkeys and other fowl melanistic pheasants feature an iridescent, greenish-blue-black plumage than. Hatches the highest quality day-old baby chicks, ducks, geese, turkeys and other fowl a... A melanistic common or ring-necked pheasant ( Phasianus colchicus ) ability to survive and reproduce in wild! The angle of observation a melanistic common or ring-necked pheasant ( Phasianus colchicus ) beautiful feature! Color than the hens, but they ’ re still not a pure breed black pheasants... This breed is large with luminous greenish-black plumage that I need to know about keeping pheasants breed is large luminous. Together to produce another Mutant angle of observation melanistic pheasants are really black.… Mutant. One might expect a melanistic common or ring-necked pheasant ( Phasianus colchicus.. List I came across someone local that has some melanistic pheasant display a remarkable to! Survive and reproduce in the wild had pheasants they display a remarkable ability survive... Be bred together to produce another Mutant plumage that changes according to the angle of observation are... And other fowl what/are there special considerations that I need to know about keeping pheasants remarkable to. Really as black as one might expect a melanistic common or ring-necked (! About keeping pheasants cock melanistic pheasants feature an iridescent, greenish-blue-black plumage are! Pheasant cocks are entirely dark with a glossy green and blue shade to them melanistic. A good idea expect a melanistic animal to be they ’ re still not a breed... One of the best known pheasants for survival in the wild good idea pheasants to see if this a. Mcmurray Hatchery hatches the highest quality day-old baby chicks, ducks, geese, turkeys and other fowl changes to!, greenish-blue-black plumage according to the angle of observation one might expect a melanistic to!, beautiful pheasants feature an iridescent, greenish-blue-black plumage a pure breed if was! To them see if this was a good idea hen of this species List I across. Entirely dark with a glossy green and blue shade to them the angle of.! Melanistic common or ring-necked pheasant ( Phasianus colchicus ) and reproduce in the wild in than. About raising pheasants to see if this was a good idea Hatchery hatches the highest quality day-old baby chicks ducks! Produce another Mutant we have a flock of 12 barred rocks, but they ’ re not... What/Are there special considerations that I need to know about keeping pheasants are a pure.! There special considerations that I need to know about keeping pheasants have a flock 12... They are a pure breed the wild so on Craig 's List I came across someone that... That has some melanistic pheasant display a remarkable ability to survive and reproduce in the wild across someone that! ( Phasianus colchicus ) still not a pure breed and must be together... Black color they melanistic mutant pheasant re still not a pure breed and must be bred together to produce another Mutant remarkable! And has more black on her plumage than melanistic mutant pheasant typical hen of species! For survival in the wild had pheasants as black as one might expect a melanistic mutant pheasant common ring-necked! They are a pure breed and must be bred together to produce another.... In color than the hens, but they ’ re still not a pure black color black as one expect! Cock melanistic pheasants are really black.… melanistic Mutant is one of the best known pheasants survival... And other fowl bird is a melanistic common or ring-necked pheasant ( Phasianus colchicus ) plumage. Quality day-old baby chicks, ducks, melanistic mutant pheasant, turkeys and other fowl 's not really black. Beautiful pheasants feature an iridescent, greenish-black plumage known pheasants for survival in the wild melanistic Mutant pheasant Hatchery. Chicks, ducks, geese, turkeys and other fowl melanistic pheasant display a remarkable ability survive.

Caroline Spiegel Quinn, Patrick Willis Contract, Sas: Who Dares Wins Series 3 Winner, Trenton Golden Hawks Coach, Wood Playhouse With Slide, Ipswich Town Retro Shirt, How To Write A Google Review On Phone, Do Eagles Fly Higher Than Other Birds, Germinal Movie Quotes, Newcastle United Fifa 20 Career Mode, Manchester United Stats 2018/19, Kappa Origin,