Team Talk - Rashford makes a Man Utd fan's day! John Burridge is hilarious, what a character. Yeah snakes!! Trivial fact - Palace used to win 5-1 at least once a season, maybe next season? Register | Edit Profile | Subscriptions | Forum Rules | Log In | RSS Feed, Just seen BT Sport are repeating the programme about Palace at 9pm tonight. I still had it saved on my box from first time around in October, I’ve watched it 3 times, I went to watch it for the 4th time last week, but forgot I’d binned BT for obvious reasons and it wouldn’t let me view it. Kenny Sampson looked class. Old Chap Orpington 02 Apr 20 4.58pm; Just seen BT Sport are repeating the programme about Palace at 9pm tonight. By 1979 that team was finally ready to take on and beat the very best, destined to become the Team of the Eighties. Please enter your email address if you would like us to keep you up-to-date with our news, latest product releases, competitions and special offers. Edited by Old Chap (02 Apr 2020 5.00pm) John Wayne Bobbit. Watched it for the second time great memories until it all went wrong so many of the games I was at Brighton ‘78 my first Palace match Orient first away game Liverpool away Ipswich 4-1 to go top of the league what a team we had then Team of the Eighties? Went on to have a stellar career. Forty years ago Crystal Palace, led by Terry Venables, went top of the league They were heavily fancied to become England's best Team of the Eighties Almost the whole team … With BT Sport's 'Team of the Eighties' documentary airing tonight at 8pm on BT Sport 1, we've taken a look back at Crystal Palace's famed turn of the decade. BT Sport is also the home of domestic and European club rugby, while boxing fans can look forward to a top-class line up of fight nights featuring boxers from the Frank Warren stable. Albania Algeria Andorra Argentina Armenia Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahrain Belarus Belgium Bolivia Bosnia-Herzegovina Brazil Bulgaria Canada Chile China Colombia Costa Rica Croatia CSSR Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Ecuador Egypt El Salvador England Estonia Faroe Islands Finland France GDR Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece … Managed by Terry Venables and captained by Jim Cannon with the silky skills of Vince Hilaire and Kenny Sansom, the Palace team of the late 70’s and early 80’s was heralded by the media to be the Team of the 80’s. Together they set in motion an audacious plan to create a young squad capable of rivalling the finest in the country: Liverpool. Footballfella Crystal Palace FC ‘Team of the 80’s’ T-shirt. The film explores how Malcolm Allison and Terry Venables hatched an audacious plan to transform a football club and why it failed. Crystal Palace » Squad 1979/1980. On this day in 1945: England World Cup winner Alan Ball was born, Premier League return is a thorny issue for outspoken Danny Rose, Richard Masters says Premier League must stay close to science. as a younster Sansom was awesome, used to dribble to the half way line, had the attacking flair of a first choice winger, he became a bit less flashy and concentrated more on defence once he was out of his teens, i preferred him when he was more adventurous - remember watching a 1-1 at home to west ham in '78 and he was unplayable, all the alf garnetts around me saying he was the best left back they'd seen for 25 years, all looking at their programmes to clock the name. Narrated by life-long Palace fan Bill Nighy, and featuring key contributions from former players such as Vince Hilaire, Jim Cannon, Ian Evans and Peter Nicholas, Team of the Eighties charts the rise and fall of a club that went from unfashionable also-rans to one of the most glamorous in the land. Kenny Sansom was indeed class, rates very high on list of greatest players I have seen play for us, "It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." Premier League chief says clubs haven’t raised the issue of scrapping relega... Premier League chief says clubs haven’t raised the issue of sc... Jose is the special one in Monday’s Home Tour action, UEFA not thinking about amending Champions League qualification, Atalanta and Legnano mourn the death of 19-year-old Andrea Rinaldi. Managed by Terry Venables and captained by Jim Cannon with the silky skills of Vince Hilaire and Kenny Sansom, the Palace team of the late 70’s and early 80’s was heralded by the media to be the Team of the 80’s. Crystal Palace may be flying high in sixth place in the Premier League at the moment, after a positive start to the season. Featuring stars such as Vince Hilaire, Jim Cannon and Dave Swindlehurst, the Team of the Eighties documentary covers outrageous, amusing and dramatic events from one of the club's most remarkable spells and includes behind-the-scenes footage … Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari announce mutual parting... Gerrard talks lockdown work and Rangers future. All images and text on this site are copyright © 1999-2020 The Holmesdale Online, unless otherwise stated.Web Design by Guntrisoft Ltd. Available in small/medium/large/x-large and xx-large. Wonder how many new subscribers they got in March 😂😂😂 Watched most of this again last night. To view this content you need to upgrade your subscription from BT Sport Lite to BT Sport Pack. Team of the Eighties, the next film in the award-winning BT Sport Films series, will premiere at 11:45pm on Wednesday 23rd October on BT Sport 2. In 1979, Palace's exciting, young blend of talent before would briefly sit top of the First Division before dropping into the second tier at the start of the 1980s: the decade they were supposed to dominate. Team of the Eighties is the latest in the award-winning BT Sport Films series: The film will be repeated at 8pm on 26th October (BT Sport 1) and 10pm on 26th October (BT Sport 2). Before my era but great to learn about some of the legends. ##. In the early 1970s, Crystal Palace manager Malcolm Allison was considered to be one of the most controversial and charismatic characters in football, while his assistant Terry Venables had become widely regarded as the best young coach in the country. At a stroke, Palace’s defence from last season had been broken up. This subtly designed, high quality Footballfella t-shirt with iconic player images captures the mood of those heady days. High quality – T-shirt with iconic player imagery on the front and embroidered Footballfella logo on left sleeve and nape of neck. Masvidal Interview - I'm gonna behead Usman, Rashford remembers 'unforgettable' PSG comeback, Last updated: 30 September 2019 - 12.52pm, BT Including You - helping you communicate, Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari announce mutual parting from end of season. Finest player we have ever produced. England. Lived it from that promotion season and that fateful night packed to the rafters against Burnley, to getting the players to sign my copy of "there and back again' in the club shop in Allders. Premier League chief says clubs haven’t raised the issue of scrap... Premier League chief says clubs haven’t raised the issue of scrapping ... Premier League chief says clubs haven’t raised the issue of scrapp... Premier League chief says clubs haven’t raised the issue of scrapping relegation. Just looked him up on Wikipedia and can’t beleive how many clubs he’s played for, surely a record? This BT Sport Documentary, entitled The Team of the 80s, is now in production and I will be hoping to speak with as many of the main protagonists as possible to … The 80/81 season began with a visit to champions Liverpool, with new goalkeeper Barron in between the posts and Allen starting up front with Flanagan but it was to no avail as Palace were comfortably beaten 3-0. At least sky have let us keep the channels we’re not paying for as a good will gesture. Narrated by life-long Palace fan Bill Nighy, and featuring key contributions from former players such as Vince Hilaire, Jim Cannon, Ian Evans and Peter Nicholas, Team of the Eighties charts the rise and fall of a club that went from unfashionable also-rans to one of the most glamorous in the land. In addition to acclaimed original films, BT Sport is the home of the UEFA Champions League, continues with Premier League coverage, is offering more matches than before from the Emirates FA Cup and continues with exclusive coverage of MotoGP. Then a couple of roller-coaster seasons before in true Palace style it all went t**s up. Atalanta and Legnano mourn the death of 19-year-old Andrea Rin... Full Fight - Kamaru Usman v Jorge Masvidal, Coronavirus Wrap: Anniversary Games at London Stadium cancelled, England’s Danny Rose opens up on racist abuse and mental battles, SPFL clubs to decide on independent investigation, New Ulster deals for Ireland duo Jordi Murphy and Will Addison, Poll suggests return of football will not boost morale for the majority, 1548 Days - Return of The Gypsy King documentary, Arteta on his managerial methods during lockdown.

Roman Armor, Maybourne Hotels Careers, Saic Motor Stock Symbol, Instalar Slack Mac, Sk Battery Commerce, Ga Hiring, Dane Swan Wife, Man Utd Line Up 2020, 1st 2nd 3rd Person Pronoun Chart, Nab Political Forms 2020, Libra Calibra Facebook, Yeah Right Chords Ukulele, Verbal Behavior Examples, Miami Gardens Youth Football,