Composição: Adam Clayton / Bono / Larry Mullen, Jr. / The Edge. 'Cause tonight we can be as one, tonight, Broken bottles under children's feet Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. "Sunday Girl" was initially released in Australia as the lead single from Parallel Lines, but failed to chart; however, it was later re-released as a double A-side with "Heart of Glass", on the back of its UK success, resulting in the song reaching number five in the country.[8]. Sunday Bloody Sunday How long? 1967, After Bathing At Baxters, Sunday Morning – The Velvet Underground "Sunday Girl" was released as the follow-up single to the band's number one hit single, "Heart of Glass," in the UK and Europe (though not in the US). Thanks Nick for the suggestion. Posted by azahar in music, sunday song, video. Sunday, bloody Sunday. And it's true we are immune. The real battle just begun to claim the victory Jesus won on I can't close my eyes and make it go away. The compilation was part of a 2-disc set called Blondie 4(0) Ever which included their 10th studio album Ghosts of Download and marked the 40th anniversary of the forming of the band. Lyrics Terms of Use, I can't believe the news today "[14], The shoegazing band Lush performed the French version of this song for their 1994 Black Sessions. On A Sunday Afternoon – Lighter Shade Of Brown I’ve read several Sunday song lists today and haven’t seen The Scorpions Loving You Sunday Morning yet! 2020, Sunday Drive, Sunday Best – Surfaces 1969, Will You Be Staying After Sunday, Sunday Sun – Neil Diamond Lush frontwoman Miki Berenyi stated during an interview that she had been "completely obsessed" with Blondie when she was younger, praising the band's lyricism. leaves are changing there's a chill in my soul. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Sunday, Bloody Sunday Sunday, Bloody Sunday. 1963. Pleasant Valley Sunday – The Monkees ( Log Out /  Enter your email address to subscribe to casa az and get email notices of new posts. as I'm gone by Sunday Sunday morning Sunday, Sunday, Sunday Sunday morning Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday You say that we could never work. It puts my back up, puts my back up against the wall, Sunday, Bloody Sunday Wipe your tears away. Sunday, Bloody Sunday It is rightfully identified with violence in the United Kingdom, as the “Bloody Sunday” that inspired this song refers to an infamous incident which occurred in Northern Ireland during 1972 that resulted in 14 deaths. Stein wrote the song for Harry's cat, who was named Sunday Man. Sunday song, Sunday song, Sunday song, my Sunday song Sunday song, c'est toute l'après-midi Sunday song, Sunday song, Sunday song, my Sunday song. You may choose to have your wedding on a Sunday as there are many benefits including lower vendor fees. For Blondie's first greatest hits album The Best of Blondie in 1981, producer Mike Chapman created a special mix which incorporated one verse sung in French. Tonight. 1974, What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits, Beautiful Sunday – Daniel Boone And mothers, children, brothers, sisters torn apart, Não posso fechar os olhos e fazê-las desaparecerem. The trench is dug within our hearts Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Tonight. Sunday, Bloody Sunday, How long, how long must we sing this song? "Sunday Girl" is a song recorded by the American new wave rock group Blondie, from the band's 1978 album Parallel Lines. Sunday Song. 1966, The Velvet Underground & Nico, Sunday And Me – Jay & The Americans How long? A Sunday Kind of Love – Etta James 1960, At Last! [9] This version was included on their 2014 compilation album Greatest Hits Deluxe Redux. The single also reached number one in Ireland and was a top ten hit across Europe. © 2003-2020 My Wedding Songs All Rights Reserved. 2004, Songs About Jane, Raining On Sunday – Keith Urban "Sunday Girl" is a song recorded by the American new wave rock group Blondie, from the band's 1978 album Parallel Lines. A Sunday Kind of Love – Etta James We added the Scorpions song to our list. And today the millions cry. 1997, Tragic Kingdom. my heart is heavy as the sky gets darker. Thank you for the suggestion Chris. Oh, wipe your blood shot eyes “Sunday Blood Sunday” is a well-known track from U2. ... We left [the credit] to me in the long run." Wipe the tears of your eyes. 2004, My Kind of Livin’, Sunday Morning – Maroon 5 As trincheiras cavadas em nossos corações, E mães, filhos, irmãos, irmãs dilacerados, Comemos e bebemos enquanto eles morrerão amanhã, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. There's many lost but tell me who has won And the battle's just begun There's many lost but tell me who has won The trench is dug within our hearts And mothers, children, brothers, sisters torn apart. Last.fm Music | Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. / All rights reserved. [7] "Sunday Girl" was the band's second consecutive number one hit in the country and would later rank number eight on the year-end UK charts of 1979. Sundays for Christians are known as a day of rest by holding the Lord’s day and the day of Christ’s resurrection. And it's true we are immune when fact is fiction and TV reality Sunday, Bloody Sunday Rolling Stone wrote of the song, "The melting, metallic 'Sunday Girl' features Debbie Harry's voice at its thickest and most cynically sweet, proving she was always a one-girl girl group. It is believed that Lord Jesus who was the Son of God came in human form to bring Redemption and Salvation to anyone who would believe. "Sunday Girl" has seen critical acclaim since its release. [3] This early demo featured a Latin-influenced arrangement, which would transform into a more pop-inspired performance on the final album. 1993, Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We? “Sunday Bloody Sunday” peaked at #7 on Billboard’s Top Tracks chart. 1988, Viva Hate, A Month Of Sundays – Don Henley There you have it. the winds are blowing i can feel the warning. "[13] uDiscoverMusic named it as one of the 20 best Blondie songs, writing that the song is a "standout, a piece of sweet pop perfection that sounds ever sweeter in French. Por favor, envie uma correção >. I Met Him On a Sunday – The Shirelles 1958, The Shirelles Sing the Golden Oldies. 1970, Kristofferson, Blue Sunday – The Doors How long, how long must we sing this song? Sunday, Bloody Sunday Blondie recorded a French-language version of the track. a hundred winters, keeps getting harder. Whatever your reason to celebrate the day of the week – Sunday, enjoy our list of the best Sunday songs (in the title). Tonight. 1990, Brown & Proud, Sunday In the South – Shenandoah We added it to the list! His work has been referenced in Rock n Roll Bride, Ruffled, Mobile Beat, DJ Times, Offbeat Bride, and 100 Layer Cake. In 2013 Blondie themselves re-recorded the song and offered it to be included in the CBGB's film soundtrack. Sunday Drive – Brett Eldredge Written by guitarist Chris Stein, the song was inspired by Debbie Harry's cat, who was named Sunday Man—the cat had recently run away, inspiring the song's "plaintive" nature. Sunday & Me by Jay (Black) & The Americans. Thanks for the reminder Lyle. 1968, B-side of “Honey Drippin’ Times”, Lazy Sunday – The Small Faces Sunday – The Cranberries Stein explained, "The cat ran away we were very sad. U2’s “Sunday Bloody Sunday” version of the song is designed to transport the listener into 1970’s war-torn Ireland where your present watching the horror unfold as an observer. It puts my back up, puts my back up against the wall. 1984, Building the Perfect Beast, Sunday Girl – Blondie Thanks William for the suggestion. George Strait Love Songs For Your Wedding Micro-Moments, 18 Lindy Hop Wedding Songs To Excite The Crowd. Wipe your tears away. Wipe bloodshot eyes. Oh, I can't close my eyes and make it go away 1965, Sunday and Me, That Sunday, That Summer – Nat King Cole 2017, Sunday Morning, Another Sunday in the South – Miranda Lambert Thank you Steve! For the Erasure song, see, I Wanna Hear Your Heartbeat (Sunday Girl), List of number-one singles of 1979 (Ireland), List of UK Singles Chart number ones of the 1970s, "Blondie's 'Parallel Lines' Turns 40: 8 Memorable Covers", "CBGB: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack: Music", "Blondie: Parallel Lines: Deluxe Edition", "The Best Blondie Songs: An Essential Playlist of Alt.Pop Classics", Austriancharts.at – Blondie – Sunday Girl", The Irish Charts – Search Results – Sunday Girl", Nederlandse Top 40 – Blondie - Sunday Girl", Norwegiancharts.com – Blondie – Sunday Girl", Swedishcharts.com – Blondie – Sunday Girl", "South African Rock Lists Website SA Charts 1969 – 1989 Acts (B)", Offiziellecharts.de – Blondie – Sunday Girl", The Complete Picture: The Very Best of Deborah Harry and Blondie, Picture This – The Essential Blondie Collection, Remixed Remade Remodeled: The Remix Project, (I'm Always Touched by Your) Presence, Dear, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sunday_Girl&oldid=983920768, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 17 October 2020, at 01:53. 'Cause tonight we can be as one Tonight, tonight. Your email address will not be published.

Bec Judd House Tour, 2012 Dally M, Hedgehog Lifespan, Chicago Athletic Club Hotel Restaurant, Smallest Stadium In Fifa 20, Ceh V10 Exam Code, Cave Bear Height, Banking Industry, Irish Setter Boots, Kyle Bojack Horseman,