I probably watch this once a year, so here it is. (Remember kids, we're all mortal, and everyone you've ever known or loved will one day be dead. All in all, I'm glad I watched this movie at 3AM on a lonesome night. I only remember specific moments of this movie, and hating myself for how into Adam Scott I was during and immediately after seeing it. Adam Scott is great. I went into this movie knowing nothing except it might have had that funny dude from Parks and Rec in it (Rock that Scoober!) It's a nicely put together indie film, of a dysfunctional family. It it because of the characters? What Jessica More Wants You To Know About 'Below Deck Med' Season 5: "I Wasn’t A Psychopath For No Reason", ‘Below Deck Med’ Exclusive: Your First Look at the Season 5 Reunion, 'Below Deck Med' Recap: Rob Bails on The Trip To Bali With Jess, This story has been shared 2,605 times. Oscars Predictions: Best Supporting Actor – Can Chadwick Boseman Score Two Posthumous Nominations in the Same Year? Metacritics rating: He is blissfully ignorant to the harsh reality of life where his older brother is acutely and painfully aware of the toll mere existence takes. A man tries to warn his brother away from the new girlfriend he brings home during Thanksgiving, but ends up becoming infatuated with her in the process. Hell, I'm sure most of us who've ever experienced a sense of loss of that magnitude can understand the concept of avoiding meaningful relations in an effort to avert the emotional devastation caused by the ultimate cost of all relationships. Caleb becomes obsessed with Emma and in a series of frightening and inappropriate encounters with her, they form an intense and sexually charged bond. "Maybe you have no meaningful connections because you're a fucking dick," I wanted to tell him. © Letterboxd Limited. Love this "review," glad you felt it was worth the watch. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Sorry, The Vicious Kind is not yet available on Netflix. J.K. Simmons plays the patriarch of the family, Donald. It's 3:03 and I'm awake and I'm going to watch this. Alright, it's obvious he's more intelligent than nearly everyone around him, but if you act like a jerk don't be surprised when people treat you like a jerk. He is innocent where his older brother is depraved. IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. But it's definitely a movie for some people. The Vicious Kind I thought The Vicious Kind was going to be an amazing film because Adam Scott was such a huge prick in the beginning (does anyone else remember the old days when you could find him as smooth talking Griff on Boy Meets World?) If this was the message the film ran with, it might have had me on board. I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't delve too deeply into the plot, but that doesn't really matter, as I feel it's the characters themselves (and the fantastic job of the actors portraying them) that really cause this movie to shine. All promotional material including but not limited to trailers, images, logo's and videos are all copyright to their respective owners. Maybe a bit. Considering she is the only female character that gets any significant screen-time, you'd think they'd try to write her as something deeper than 'whore under the self-illusion she's a good girl', but maybe I just didn't 'get' her character. While I do think Peter is the most static and one-dimensional of the characters, he plays a crucial role in the dynamic between these two men, being the one thing either of them truly seem to care for. Donald reminds me of some racist dad that spews hateful slurs regularly, yet would dote on and provide for anyone whom he considered under his umbrella of protection. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the NetflixBestOf community, Press J to jump to the feed. I don't know where they got that still of Adam Scott smiling for the picture on the cover, because he's pretty much depressed the entire film.I can not recommend any of you watching it. Mobile site. That said, 5 stars, It was like a dark horny hallmark movie, the 1 star goes to Adam Scott’s acting but the rest was trash, My boyfriend is super into weird abc games shows right now, since we’ve been splurging on Hulu for a couple of months, and we’re watching Don’t, which obviously is making me flashback to The Vicious Kind. What to … Dê uma olhada no The Vicious Kind (2010) trailer! it falls into a lot of the same traps that indie family dramas tend to, but there's enough new elements to keep it interesting throughout. When aspiring singer Tori Vega joins the eccentric students at Hollywood Arts High, she struggles to fit in with the amazingly talented teens. Is it because of the performances? This duality of the father is made even more apparent via the relationship he has with his two sons; Caleb focusing on the flaws (and in turn, subconsciously recognizing his own faults), and despising his father (and again, subconsciously hating himself), and Peter admiring Donald for his positive traits. I watched this last night per netflix's recommendation, woke up today to post it here and you done beat me to it. But throughout it all I abhorred each man for blinding himself to the truth, that everyone on earth is sort of fucked up but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to improve ourselves, whether it be an improvement of the self or working on relationships of people we love. 635, This story has been shared 513 times. Flawed, imperfect, and at times immoral, Donald's story arc reminds us that even in the hearts of evil men there is good, and even in the hearts of good men there is evil. I was pleased to find that not only did I still really…. is a thing that exists, but he's so good here, playing a totally unique, fascinating character. Nice recommendation thanks. Rent The Vicious Kind (2009) starring Adam Scott and Brittany Snow on DVD and Blu-ray. The Netflix Challenge Tuesday, December 18, 2012. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the movie because it got something out of me. Peter is the perfect foil to Caleb. I love the way that the movie makes you hate Adam Scott, and then shows you his more redeemable qualities. Caleb begins to heal, accidentally, with the arrival of his brother's new girlfriend, a woman who sparks rage, longing, and a host of familial conflicts. The Vicious Kind is called a "dark comedy" on the netflix description. I’m not much of a reviewer but I think everyone needs to give this movie a chance if you appreciate some of the greatest American drama acting of this century. In a startling performance, Adam Scott (Step Brothers) stars as Caleb Sinclaire whose emotions go haywire when his brother, Peter (Alex Frost, Drillbit Taylor), brings home new girlfriend Emma (Brittany Snow, Prom Night). Love Adam Scott, love dark movies, this had both and it was amazing. "Have you ever been in love with the idea of someone?". 513, This story has been shared 388 times. jk simmons can do no wrong. Another indie film potentially lost in the mix. She's a completely passive character, and by far the weakest and most boring of the four main roles. When his sweet and innocent little brother Peter begs for a ride home from college for Thanksgiving, he bitches and moans about it until he meets Peter's girlfriend Emma. No late fees. Metacritics avaliação: You know all of those quirky indie comedies about dysfunctional families? The first official trailer for, Watch This: Adam Scott & Brittany Snow in The Vicious Kind, RZA and Shameik Moore on the lasting destruction of Hurricane Katrina in crime drama Cut Throat City, Sony Rumored To Be Considering New Spider-Man Movie For Andrew Garfield, Spider-Man 3 Audition Video May Reveal [Spoilers] Death. His only friend is a dumb-as-nails coworker who is too stupid to realize every conversation with Caleb is nothing but a barrage of insults. I really can't explain why, but I fucking loved it. Then again, the movie itself seems to have a reoccurring theme of misogyny throughout, so it could have been intentional. One side of me was like f--k this movie and the other side was realising that the movie did a great job provoking feelings out of me. If you ever find yourself in a situation like this, with nothing else to do, I highly recommend you watch this movie. Check the The Vicious Kind (2010) trailer! It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure out that being nice to others is an alright thing to do. Weird coincidence, but fantastic movie. Direction is fantastic too, this is a real gem. The movie would rather create the context around this guy's life in a way that feels authentic. I liked it! I know I just spent a decent while writing up how I felt about the characters themselves, but as far as the movie goes, I truly do not know whether it is a good movie or not. As the dysfunctional family is propelled into chaos, Caleb and Emma confront their mutual distrust and attempt to resist a growing sexual attraction. Yeah, he's still a dick, and yeah, his loneliness is caused by his own actions by driving others away, but the dude has his reasons. It’s an LGBTQ+ world and these are my other LGBTQ+ lists on Letterboxd: ➡️Minor Interest Films: In the Closet: A…, Keenan Tamblyn 600 films 2,421 12 Edit, Found these lists (twelve total which I've compiled) a couple years back and they slowly became my bible for weird…, a list of my favorite movies that don‘t feel artificial but rather raw, genuine and natural, Mario Melendez 2,645 films 251 13 Edit, First of all... What's a Black Comedy on films?, here are some definitions of this subgenre of Comedy that can…. 2010 TV-G 3 Seasons TV Comedies. Directed by Lee Toland Krieger.

It's Kind Of A Funny Story Bobby Disorder, Baby Water Moccasin Snake, The Bible, Erec Internet, Goodnight Moon Go Radio, Evan Spiegel Interview, Pirates Of The Caribbean Lady, Cardiff Weather October, Bridget Jones Baby On Tv, Will Arnett Baby Mama, Weather In Southwest England In July,